Our client, a leading public accounting firm based in Jericho, Long Island is seeking a Senior Accountant, Audit. This is a perfect opportunity for you if you have at least 3 years of experience in public accounting, you are a CPA, and you are ready to be challenged to take your career to the next level!
Why would you want to work for our client?
- They not only believe in upward mobility, they practice it. Two of their Partners started with the firm very early in their careers, and diligently worked their way up through the ranks, reaching Partner status at a young age by industry standards.
- As a firm, our client is committed to investing in staff and contributing to their success. They do this by providing in-house training and mentoring programs, software and technology-driven enhancements, and rewarding performance with an attractive compensation package.
- Our client functions as a team, and all employees are treated as professionals and trusted colleagues. While their efforts are generally collaborative, their management style allows staff members to work independently as well.
What does the day to day job like?
- Overseeing the day to day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations and special projects
- Coordinating client engagement workflow
- Preparation of workpapers and reviewing for accuracy and completeness
- Preparation of financial statements and reviewing for suitability of presentation and accuracy of disclosures
- Overseeing maintenance and analysis of the general ledger (prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, etc.)
- Ensuring books and financials are in accordance with GAAP or other required accounting standards
- Ensuring accurate, timely and well documented month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and financial statement preparation
- Proactively building relationships with clients, and communicating effectively with clients in an ongoing effort to deliver superior service
- Mentoring and training junior staff members
Our client is looking for someone who is…
- Highly organized, with strong skills in watching the details, and able to review both your own and others’ work for accuracy
- Deeply analytical, with an ability to take in information through review and research, and distill that information into coherent communications
- Able to manage multiple engagements and clients, meet deadlines, and driven by a strong work ethic
- Guided by strong ethical standards
You also should meet these minimum requirements:
- Three or more years of recent public accounting experience
- Active CPA License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Here are just a few of the great benefits you will receive:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance
- Bonus plan
- 401(k)/Profit sharing plan
Not the job for you? Do you know someone who might be a good fit? Send them this job posting. Thanks!