We’re looking for an experienced Nurse Practitioner with an outstanding bedside manner and a desire to help the practice grow by providing the best patient care and most personalized patient experience.
- Passionate about improving the lives of women by providing in-depth care with a focus on OB/GYN as well as some family and primary care?
- Nurturing? Personable? Genuine?
- Looking to join a long-established practice with a great reputation and state-of-the-art facilities and would you like to help take that practice to the next level?
- Looking for more than just “clocking in and out” of a job?
If you said yes to these questions, then read on to find out how you can become a part of an exciting women’s health practice!
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
Our client is a women’s health medical management practice that has been a leader in Forest Hills for over 30 years. Their aim is to better the lives of women and restore harmony to their bodies through a focus on each patient’s comfort and individuality. The office space was recently renovated to create a modern, welcoming, and comfortable look and feel for both patients and employees, and the practice is fitted with the latest technology to help provide the greatest care.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Working through both indirect supervision and interdependently with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers, you will provide a broad range of nurse practitioner services following established policies and protocols. See below for typical duties, but keep in mind that through all of the day to day tasks and responsibilities, you should never lose focus on the patients and their experience by exhibiting the highest level of bedside manner through courtesy, tact, and poise.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing patient services such as ambulatory care, taking health histories, performing assessments, implementing nursing interventions, and conducting health education and counseling.
- Assessing and managing patients with routine, minor, and acute illnesses by performing assessment and data collection, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive status.
- Developing plans of care based on patient assessment, ensuring appropriate follow-up in accordance with established nurse practitioner protocols.
- Providing education and emotional support to patients and families.
- Triaging and referring patients for further care based on severity of illness and symptoms.
- Supervising student nurse practitioners in clinical setting, and providing feedback and guidance.
- Making clinical decisions by utilizing written guidelines and protocols.
- Formulating nursing diagnoses and interventions by utilizing application of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Protecting patient and family rights.
- Applying safety principles as identified by established policy.
- Ensuring compliance with legal issues including but not limited to patient confidentiality and risk management, and ensuring compliance with JCAHO, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Preparing patient documentation
- Participating in quality improvement and utilization review activities.
- Participating in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and staying abreast of current technologies and practices.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED?
- A degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current RN and nurse practitioner license, as well as CPR certification.
- Two to four years of related experience.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WOULD PUT YOU AHEAD OF THE REST?
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills.
- Outpatient/office/clinic experience
- Positive reviews on such sites as Zocdoc, Google, Yelp, etc.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
- Experience working collaboratively in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong charting/documentation skills.
OTHER FACTS ABOUT THE JOB
- Full-time availability is preferred, but our client is willing to consider part-time candidates
- The practice maintains Saturday and evening hours, so you should be willing to be flexible in your scheduling
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!